How to Make a Candelabra - 2 Easy DIY Tutorials
Candelabra are branched candlestick holders which can hold several candlesticks at once. Candelabra come in various designs. Some are in the form of chandelier while some can be placed on tables and other surface. You can easily buy candelabra from your nearby store but there is a wonderful charm in displaying your unique handmade one. If you want to DIY your own candelabra then keep reading this oneHOWTO article to know how to make a Candelabra.
Chandelier Candelabra using Wine Bottles
A wine bottle chandelier candelabra will look absolutely amazing and it's not that difficult to make. Follow our step by step tutorial and show us your results!
Things you need
- 3 Wine Bottles or any other glass bottles
- 2 x 4 block of half inch thick plywood
- 3/32 inches steel cable
- Cotton wick
- Hot glue gun
- At first remove the sticker and clean the glass bottles. Then using a glass cutter cut the glass bottle in half or at your desired length. Cut all three bottles at equal length. You can also do so without a glass cutter if you don't own one.
- Sand the edge of the bottles to remove sharp edges.
- Take the plywood and cut three circles through it. The diameter of the circles should be same as that of the neck of the bottle. The top part of the three bottles would sit on this hole.
- Now drill four small holes on each corner of the plywood.
- Cut the steel cables in half. Then insert each cable into two holes on either sides and secure it.
- Take the top part of the bottle and drill a small hole through the cap.
- Insert the wick in the hole and tie it against the cap. Leave the other end of the wick.
- Add some wax on the hole in the cap to seal it. Then screw the cap on the bottle neck.
- Put the bottle necks on the circular holes in the plywood base. Hang it at someplace safe.
- Melt the wax and hold the other end of the wick straight. Slowly pour the wax into the neck of the bottle.
- Make sure that you don’t cover the wick completely in wax. Leave a bit at the end to light as candle.
- Let the melted wax dry before lighting up your candelabra.
Plumbing Pipe Candelabra
Another great idea that will look perfect if you're going for industrial style decoration is this plumbing pipe candelabra. It way be a bit more elaborate, but the result is stunning.
Things you need
- Galvanized metal flange – 1
- One 6 inch galvanized metal threaded nipple
- Two 3 inch galvanized metal threaded nipples
- Two 4 inch galvanized metal threaded nipples
- Three ¾ inch galvanized metal tees
- Four ¾ inch galvanized metal elbows
- Four ¾ inch to 1/2 “galvanized metal bushings
- Six 1 inch galvanized metal threaded nipples
- Tapered candles
- To create the base, take the flange and unite the 6 inch galvanized metal threaded nipple to it. Secure it and then screw up the metal tee on the top of the threaded nipple.
- Next step is to create the horizontal arm. For this screw 3 inch galvanized nipples at each of the two ends of the tee so that the curved part is pointing upwards.
- Take the tee and attach the 1 inch threaded nipples in the three openings on the tee. After that, secure the tee to the elbow. Make sure that both tees are pointing towards the center of your candelabra.
- Now add elbows to the tees such that the curved sides are pointing upward.
- To make the candle holder, screw the 4 inch galvanized metal threaded nipple inside the elbow.
- For a finished look place bushings over the 4 inch threaded nipples.
- Place the tapered candles over all the four nipples and then light them up.
For more ideas to make your candelabra from waste material you can also make it out of hanging mason jars!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Candelabra - 2 Easy DIY Tutorials, we recommend you visit our Art & handicraft category.