How to Make a Bear Mask Out of Paper Plates
Many kids like to play by dressing up and here we show you how to make a bear mask out of paper plates. Makings such an easy and fun mask is also a good and cheap dress up option for Carnival and events where people wear costumes. For children, dressing up as a bear is definetly an appealing option. You can make the bear mask out of paper plates and also get all dressed up in brown and wear a tail. If you need to make a quick and cheap costume for your children, then read the following OneHowTo article on how to make a bear mask out of paper plates.
- A large paper plate (24 cm approx.)
- White, brown and beige card
- Brown tempera
- A large button
- Scissors, brushes, glue or hot glue
To make a bear mask out of paper plates you will need:
- a paper plate. The plate should be made of cardboard, you can not use a plastic one.
- tempera brown color
- color printer
- a string
Start by measuring where your child's eyes will be on the plate. Then make 2 holes with scissors exactly where the eyes will be positioned. Make your child try the paper plate on to check if they can see through the holes.
After you have made the holes for the eyes, the nest step to make a bear mask out of paper plates is painting the paper plate in brown using tempera paint.
Then print 3 small paper sheets: one should be white (no need for printing, just a plain paper sheet), one the same color as your brown paper plate, and one beige.
Now cut out the different parts of the face from the paper sheets you have previously photocopied:
- Cut out two ovals from the white paper. Those will be the eyes, so you need to make a hole as big as the ones you have previously made on the paper plate
- Cut out 2 semi-circle from the brown paper to make the ears
- Cut out 2 smaller semi-circles and one big oval from the beige paper to make the inside part of the ears and the mouth and nose area
Now paint a black nose and mouth in the oval, almost there, you almost have your bear mask out of paper plates!
Finally, stick all the bear parts onto the plate with normal or hot glue. It should look like the image we have shown in the introduction.
The last step is: make small holes at the sides of your bear paper plate with a sharp pencil. Make the 2 ends of the string pass through the holes, make a knot to the string at each side. Make sure the size of the string is good for your child, neither too loose nor too tight.
Et voilà! You have made a bear mask out of paper plates!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Bear Mask Out of Paper Plates, we recommend you visit our Crafts & leisure category.