What Acrylic Colors Make Brown?
When learning to paint with acrylic colors, it's very important that you learn how to mix the primary colors to make new colors and different shades. This will give you lots of freedom in your art and more control on your art.
In this oneHOWTO article we're going to explain what acrylic colors make brown and how to mix them to achieve different shades of brown. We include an easy-to-follow guide and videos!
What acrylic colors make brown?
There are two ways to make brown with acrylic colors. You can make brown with the primary colors: red, yellow, and blue. However, you can also make brown by mixing blue and orange, since red and yellow make orange.
To learn how to mix them well together to achieve the shade of brown you're looking for, keep reading this article as we go step-by-step on how to achieve different shades of brown by mixing the acrylic colors we mentioned above.
You may also be interested in how to make fuchsia with acrylic paint.
How to make brown with acrylic colors
Now that we know what colors to use, it's time to mix them together to get brown or a certain shade of brown. Follow our simple guide to make brown with acrylic colors:
- Set up your palette with your colors and brushes.
- Place fairly equal sized dollops of red, yellow and blue on your palette. Make sure there's plenty of space inbetween the colors for the mixing. The more space, the more area to mix and make different shades of brown.
- Grab your brush and start blending the colors together, trying to keep the amounts fairly equal.
- Now that you've achieved this muddy-brown hue, add white to the blend.
- Refine the shade by adding more blue or black for a darker brown or white and yellow for a lighter brown. Take a look at the video below to see how you can blend these colors to achieve different shades for your art.
What acrylic colors make skin color?
Another common question is what acrylic colors make skin color. This is tricky as there are endless skin colors one can achieve. Therefore, the proportions will depend on the color you wish to achieve. For this, you will need to be very patient and creative.
With that being said, we can make different colored skin tones by mixing the primary colors: yellow, blue and red. We can also use black and white to re-touch the shade desired.
To do this, you will need to prepare your palette and place an equal amount of all these colors far apart on your palette and then start mixing and finding the right shade through trial and error. We leave you a video below so that you can follow along and have a greater insight into this process.
How to make brown with watercolors
When it comes to making the color brown with watercolor paint, you will need yellow, red and blue, or orange and blue. Once you have your colors ready follow these easy steps:
- Begin by placing yellow, red and blue on your palette.
- Now start mixing yellow and red, and then blue.
- By adding more red, you will get a stronger brown color, by adding more blue it will be more dark. Experiment with the proportions to get the shade you desire.
We also encourage you to watch the video below to see how mixing different proportions of these colors can help you make different shades of brown. Feel free to follow along with the video as you learn about color mixing!
Lastly, you may also want to learn how to make purple with acrylic paint.
If you want to read similar articles to What Acrylic Colors Make Brown?, we recommend you visit our Art & handicraft category.