How To Make Christmas Crackers with Toilet Rolls
Christmas Crackers had their origin in England Christmas dining tables and if you try it once, you are bound to try it again and again. It’s so much fun. Also it is such an easy craft that your children can also help you in making it, together with other Christmas decorations with recycled goods.
In this article we will know how to make Christmas Crackers with Toilet Rolls.
Paper Crown or Party Hat
A paper crown should never be missing in a cracker. So, let’s begin by making the hats and then keeping them aside. To make the hats you have to follow the following steps:
1. Take the tissue paper and measure 9 cm x 60 cm (3 ½” x 24”) using a ruler. Cut the strip.
2. Then take both short edges and tape them together.
3. Now, fold the strip in half and make a solid crease.
4. Then again fold it in half and make a solid crease.
5. Fold it again for a third time and make the solid crease.
6. Now take your scissors and cut one edge at an angle.
7. Open it and your paper crown is ready. It's that simple!
Prepare Cracker snaps
1. To prepare the cracker snaps, lay three toilet roll tubes side by side and then measure them.
2. Then cut the cracker snap into strips, taking care that the cracker strips are not shorter in length than the three toilet paper tubes, as the strip will go through all three.
3. Take a toilet paper roll and glue the cracker snap strip into it such that from both ends an equal length of cracker paper strip can be seen.
Roll the crackers
1. Measure the length and breadth of all three tubes.
2. According to the measurement cut the festive paper.
3. Now flip the festive paper upside down. Then take a double – sided tape and paste it along the full length of the festive paper.
4. In the middle of tape place the central tape containing the snap. Secure the other ends of the snap on the festive paper with tape or glue.
5. Place the other two rolls on either side of the central tube.
6. Now roll the tubes and seal the open length of the festive paper.
Cracker jokes are an essential part of the fun. So, gather as many jokes as you can from internet and then print them or write them into small strips of paper.
Filling the Christmas Cracker
1. The only thing left is to fill the cracker. Take one side of it and slide it out a bit. With your fingers crease the festive paper from which the tube had slid out a bit.
2. Take a strip of ribbon and wrap around the creased paper. Then pull it tightly to close the end and secure it.
3. Then from the open end fill the central tube with candy, toys or party favors. Also put in a paper strip containing a joke inside it.
4. Then slide out the outer roll from the unsecured end and tie a ribbon around it.
5. Pull the ribbon tightly and secure the end.
6. Now both the ends are secure and your Christmas Cracker is ready.
7. You can make as many Christmas crackers as you want using this method.
8. Put on the Party Hat and get cracking!
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make Christmas Crackers with Toilet Rolls, we recommend you visit our Art & handicraft category.