How to Draw a Rose Using a Pencil or Charcoal Step By Step
Drawing a Rose in detail is very complicated. There are hundreds of ways to draw a rose, as it's one of the most common flowers to depict due to its romantic connotations. In this oneHOWTO article we show you a technique to learn how to draw a rose using a pencil easily without it being very difficult. Follow the step by step images to see the design evolve and show us your result! We have several designs waiting for you to be drawn!
The first way to draw a rose is to draw it from the stem. This is a pretty simple drawing that you can do with both pencil and charcoal, to depict the rose growing. Follow these steps to draw this version of a rose:
- Even if you think it to be strange, begin to draw ya rose by drawing a curve that rises to a circle and about two centimeters away draw a loop. To give you an idea, this will be the stem, the heart and head of the rose.
- Follow the rose pencil drawing and with the addition of leaves and some volume to the petals, you will see that the rose is starting to take shape.
- Better define the stem and leaves as well as the petals. The heart of the rose must be like a curler to shape of the rose.
- To finish drawing the rose with pencil or charcoal you can add some shadow to the leaves and the inside of the petals; you can also draw some grass at the root.
How to draw a rose flower
The second method to draw a rose is to actually draw the open flower. It may be the most complicated, but here we're going to show you an easy way to do so. If you master this method, we can move on to drawing a realistic rose.
- Start by creating a circle in the middle of your paper, which will depict the center.
- Create three non-regular petals in an oval shape around the first circle.
- Now draw an irregular spiral around this row. End this spiral by joining it to one of the lines you have just drawn to give the sensation of a row of petals.
- Draw a third and bigger irregular row, but don't go all the way around. End it at a 90 degree angle.
- Draw two separate petals for this next row, one at the top and another at the bottom.
- Again, draw another spiral that goes all the way around.
- Finish by creating the leafs and other details.
How to draw a realistic rose
Drawing a realistic rose is something that people that have higher drawing skills can do. There are many ways to draw a rose, but an easy way to make your rose seem more realistic is to add some shades to it! You can use the template we drew above to add some great shades to give it a more 3D look.
- Start by drawing the creases on the leaves with a softer touch. With your finger, carefully blur the lines.
- Create shadows on the lower parts of the flower, just like it would under real lighting. If you like, create more petal sections for more realism.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Draw a Rose Using a Pencil or Charcoal Step By Step, we recommend you visit our Crafts & leisure category.